Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Keeping things Balanced

It's really hard to keep our lives in balance: work, household, kids, spiritual life... and our relationship with our spouse


I am a professional thirty-something husband and father who loves his wife and family.  Our relationship has had its ups and downs like every other but now, after 15+ years of marriage, we are really having the time of our lives.  A lot of that had to do with me discovering that I am a submissive man.  I am really quite competitive (have been my whole life) and certainly no wimp.  I found that I enjoy submitting to my wife.  Surrendering to her gives me the rush that I got from our courtship days.  Is she going to let me kiss her?  Is she going to tell me she loves me?  How far will she let me go tonight?  Just the thought of that frightening time makes my heart beat just a little faster.  You could call it the thrill of the hunt, but I am the game, and she is the huntress.
A huntress taking aim at her prey
Our exploration of male submission and female dominance began about a year ago, but there were clues along the way, going back to my childhood, that seem to tie this all together, making my submissiveness feel like it's always been a part of me.  I started this blog to explore this.  It's really for my wife.  It's another tool for us to communicate our private thoughts.  First we sent emails.  Kids now check that.  Then it was facebook.  Kids get on and play those infernal games too.  Then, we traded texts.  My newer office has bad reception, so that doesn't always do the trick.  I hope this will work.



I hope to post some of my thoughts on our marriage, our relationship dynamic (which has ebbed and flowed as a "female lead relationship" or "wife lead marriage"), our chaotic family life, and possibly venture into spiritual matters.  Thanks for reading.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment